A carefully prepared blend of Portland cement, graded aggregates, fortifiers and colour-fast pigments, it is designed for joint width 1mm to 3mm, for porous & absorbent type tiles, non-vitreous clay tiles, and marble & glazed wall tiles. Suitable for internal and external applications.
Features & Benefits
How to Apply:
- For tile joints 1 – 3mm
- Uniform color
- Hard and durable
- When the tiles/ stones have set firm, spacers and bottom support can be removed.
- Cement based colour Grout Use LATICRETE® 600 series / Aquashield Grout (available in a range of colours) when grout joints are less than 3 mm wide and LATICRETE® 500 series Sanded Grout Filler (available in a range of colours) for joints 3mm – 12mm.
- The Cement based colour joints are strong and are resistant to weather, cracking and discolouration
LATICRETE® 600 series Unsanded Grout/ Aquashield : LATICRETE® 1776 10kg bag : 3.75 ltr LATICRETE® 500 Series Sanded Grout : LATICRETE® 1776 10 kg bag : 1.75 ltr Mix the grout filler with LATICRETE® 1776 Latex Admix, mix only enough that can be used in 30 min or less. Clean up immediately before beginning next mix. When applying, the grout joints should be free of dirt, debris or tile spacers. Sponge or wipe dust/dirt of tile faces and remove water standing in joints. Pack joints full and free of voids with rubber grouting float. Remove excess grout from tile faces using edge of rubber float and diagonal strokes (at 45° angle to direction of joints). When the joints have set, use a moist sponge to remove excess grout from the tile and joint. Use minimal water for clean up. Final clean up to remove any grout haze should be carried out within the next 12 – 24 hours.
Important site Checks:
Areas of Application Residential, commercial, external facades
Notes to the specifiers:
• It is recommended to check the colour of the grout, if it is meeting the desired colour of the client
• It is recommended to do a small area with actual tile/stone at site and check for any colour ingress into the tile/stone. Many tiles / stones have high absorption which may lead to wet patches / discoloration / colour marks.
• Plan to provide proper movement joints, peripheral joints as per TCA, EJ 171 detail to accommodate movements in tile/stone and use flexible grout / sealant to fill these movement joints.
• When water is used for mixing with grout powder, non-absorbent tiles will have lesser demand of water to be mixed. It is estimated in the range of 3.30 Litres to 3.70 Litres for 10 Kg grout powder.
• For better color retention, flexibility and water resistance, use LATICRETE® 1776 Grout admix completely replacing water. Surface Preparation:
Before starting to grout, remove debris in grout joints and lightly sponge the tile surface to remove dust and dirt. Do not clean tiles with acid cleaners. In case acid cleaners were used to clean the tiles, ensure to wash the area with plenty of water to effectively remove acidic particle remains from the joints before commencing grouting. Substrate temperature must between 60°F (16°C) and 90°F (32°C)